Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wilton's Buttercream Frosting

OK this is SOOO yummy. I make white cake cupcakes and fill them with white chocolate pudding and frost with this icing. If anyone is wondering how to fill the cupcakes (I always did) you use one of Wilton's decorating tips. I can't remember the number, but the only way I've found it is in their Cupcake Decorating kit. It's about $10.

1/2 cup Criso
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla*
4 cups (1lb) powered sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Cream Crisco and butter
Add Vanilla (and other flavorings if desired) and any food coloring
Gradually add sugar 1 cup at a time and continue mixing
Add milk and beat on Medium speed until light and fluffy.
You can add a little more milk if you need to make the consistency better for spreading.


*This is the recipe Wilton has on their website, but I do the flavor a little different. I use 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of butter flavoring, and 1 teaspoon (or more) of almond extract.

No comments: