Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti with Spinach

 This recipe is from the website HERE
I added quite a bit of things Anything I added I put them in parentheses.
 
Ingredients
1 lb. spaghetti noodles
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic (I used Fireroasted and added Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic) (I also used two cans)
          (A couple white mushrooms sliced)
2 10 oz. boxes frozen spinach (I used one box)
2  cups cooked and shredded chicken ( I sauteed it in a skillet with salt, pepper, Garlic powder, minced garlic, and onion powder)
          

Optional: Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Directions
  • In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, boil the spaghetti noodles as directed. Drain and let sit in colander while you prepare the sauce.  
  • Meanwhile, cook the spinach in the microwave as directed.  Drain off the liquid, but don’t squeeze it dry.
  • Return the warm Dutch oven or saucepan to the burner and add the diced tomatoes with their juices, the spinach and remaining liquid, (the mushrooms) and the cooked and shredded chicken.  Stir until well combined (and thoroughly heated) .  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Reintroduce the spaghetti noodles and toss well.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.

No comments: