Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dad's Sweet Chili


This Chili is really, really yummy! You want this on all day long..... Like most Chili it's always better the second or third day! Sorry I don't have the ounce sizes for the cans....that's just not how my dad cooks! LOL

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pounds Hamburger
  • 1 large can of Tomato Juice ( I think 48 oz)
  • 1 large can Diced Tomatoes (half the size of the juice can)
  • 1 can Whole tomatoes
  • 2 cans Spiced Chili Beans
  • 1 medium Onion (chopped)
  • 2 small cans of mushrooms (pieces and stems)
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • Chili Powder to taste (again that's how my dad does things!)
  1. Brown hamburger in bottom of large pan and drain
  2. Add all ingredients and bring to boil
  3. Reduce heat to low boil and cover. Cook for at least one hour, but try to cook longer.
  4. ENJOY!
This is so good frozen and heated for later use!

Recipe from my Daddy!

2 comments:

Linds said...

We tried this out the past weekend and it turned out wonderfully. I was amazed by how much it made, and we still have left overs. I put half in the freezer- and we still had plenty. I used 3 t of chili powder(I would recommend 2-3 t for it). I didn't know what you meant by spiced chili beans so I got pinto beans with jalapenos mixed in and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing (and suggesting I try it out). We all loved it!

Linds said...

We made the leftovers tonite, and it did not disappoint. It was still super duper tasty. Leilani nearly ate a (adult sized) bowl all by herself! yeah again!