Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grandma's Chicken and Homemade Noodles Over Mashed Potatoes.

Sorry no picture yet.....Jed says that means I have to make it soon! :O)

My family (especially my dad and grandma) don't really follow recipes and that's how I learned to cook....so that's how I cook. Hopefully I can explain well!

Ingredients
  • 4 or more Chicken Thighs
  • 1 large can of Chicken Broth
  • Eggs
  • Self-Rising Flour
  • Your Favorite recipe for Mashed Potatoes
  1. Boil thighs in large pan. You'll want to boil them for a couple hours to get a rich broth.
  2. Remove thighs and allow to cool. Remove skin and tear chicken into small pieces and stir in chicken and can of broth in pan of homemade broth.
  3. For the noodles, my grandma says it's 2 eggs and 1 cup of the self-rising flour. BUT out here in Logan, UT it seems that it's too dry. I use 3 eggs and 1 cup flour then slowly add a little more flour until I get to a little more sticky than pie crust dough.
  4. On a floured counter top roll out dough and cut into thin slices.
  5. Drop noodles into boiling water and cook until noodles drop to the bottom (roughly 15 minutes).
  6. Spoon over mashed potatoes and ENJOY!
I usually make this dinner with country green beans, fried apples and biscuits.


To cut noodles, you can use a knife, pizza slicer, or (my favorite) a dough cutter...I found mine at Kitchen Kneads here in Logan. I know they sell them as a different name, but I can't remember. Here's a picture of one similar to mine.

Recipe from my Grammy!

No comments: